Friday, October 17, 2008

Unplugged

I am married to a very tough guy. (He was an Army Ranger after all.) But having his sinuses packed is driving him nuts. He's handled it like a trooper but he is ready for the unplugging.

Today is the day. He has asked me five times about his appointment time. Our appointment isn't for about five hours but he wants to go now. We have the first appointment after our doctor gets out of surgery so we are not going early but this logic does not seem to register.

He doesn't want logic; he wants relief. Plus, he's been trapped with me for days. I'm pretty sure he wants relief from that too.

2 comments:

janis said...

Somehow I doubt that. I am sure he was not only grateful for your nursing abilities, but I bet you made him smile and he could not have had a better person to spend these days with.
Grant it he wants to be done with the "down under the weather". He is ready to get back to normacy. Also, we that know Dan know that this weather is making him want to be on the golf course!

Anonymous said...

He is a tough man but you are one tough lady. He sounds just like his dad. Just remind him the apple never falls far from the tree. Tell him he had better do what you say or I could just show up unannounced and force feed him T.G. Love to yall.