Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Rolling the Dice

It's easier to get into trouble than to get out of it.

Weren't we all taught this as children? I was. Of course, it didn't stop me from occasionally rolling the dice and risking the repercussions. This is one of those lessons we were supposed to learn early.

Many households are in trouble -- so much trouble that they may not have a household. Banks are holding onto money like a squirrel that found the last walnut. The $750 billion, trillion, gazillion government bailout is shaky and not working yet. At some point, these numbers stop making sense to me.

I'm over self-indulgent children and I include myself. I'm over leveraging my future and yours because our government chose to roll the dice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now I feel good about my money-market account. I still let my 401K and non-work mutual fund contributions get in on the lowest ever stock market sale.

Hang in there everybody-- as Dave Ramsey says-- can't get hurt on a roller coaster unless you jump off!
The only way to secure these losses is if you dump your investments now.

The market is in shape for the best rebound in years. Take advantage of it!

Congrats Sheri on your editor stint.

Hope it is fun.

Rich