Monday, October 13, 2008

Nervous Times

The economy is a mess. I realize this is not news to you but it's scary. All of us are feeling the pinch in different ways.

The election is less than a month away. I try to be an independent thinker and study the candidates and the issues that I care about. I'm still nervous about both teams.

The husband is having surgery tomorrow. I am not worried about the actual surgery; I'm worried that he will be trapped with me for at least three days. We are used to coffee and crosswords in the morning and evenings together. Even when we go on vacation, he plays golf and I go to the beach.

Some years are better than others. We lost the Belle in January and the Captain in March.

I don't need to get on a treadmill; I'm pacing enough to get my workout done.

6 comments:

janis said...

relax and breathe.
You have had much more to shoulder in the past. Put politics aside, you don't need that to think about.
Care for Dan and keep him comfortable. He will probraly sleep most the day anyway.
remember you are Superwoman! You can get through anything and everything.

Anonymous said...

Dan, and you, will be fine. If you need to vent our just scream real loud to make yourself feel better, feel free to call me. Kim

Anonymous said...

Isn't Dan the one having the surgery? Quit feeling sorry for yourself, it's not all about you.

janis said...

Although Dan is the one having surgery, it IS about you, At least this blog is. Hopefully you will continue to use this form to express yourself and help us see that you can get through yet another stumbling block. You are strong. You have to be. And you will be tested as you will be caring for another "patient" needing you 24/7. Take a deep breathe and know that we don't think you are whinning at all.

Anonymous said...

I think anonymous needs to stop reading YOUR blog. They do not have a very kind heart. Patsy

Anonymous said...

Well said Patsy.

H.B.