Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Back to Fantasyland

The doctor who performed the husband's surgery yesterday is a friend of ours. In fact, he and the husband were on a golf trip last week and managed to win a trophy as partners.

Obsession does not begin to describe the husband's passion for golf. During their trip, he kept asking the surgeon, "I can play the weekend after surgery, can't I?" Prior to surgery (no drugs yet,) he told me he had booked a golf game for the weekend. Trying to remain calm -- the man is headed to surgery -- I explained that he is nuts. And not just a little.

About that time, the nurse came in to check vitals or whatever and he started talking to her about playing golf this weekend.

Her response was, "Well I'm going to dim these lights so you can go back to fantasyland."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

More power to the man if he feels like playing golf that soon. I bet he is out on the golf course on Sat. You go Dan! Patsy