Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Missing Halloween

My neighborhood is filled with people similar to us -- empty nesters. Almost all the children of this small circle have grown. In our old house, we used to get oodles of trick-or-treaters. In this house, we usually get one or two.

We used to attend Halloween parties and/or golf outings. I can't count the many costumes I've made or adapted.

I miss Halloween. Maybe this year I'll don a hooded sweatshirt and sit at the kitchen table eating my bag of candy. I'll be Hangdog a/k/a the Unabomber.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

If you want to see some really cute trick-or-treaters, come to our neighborhood (where you grew up). We have lots of them.
Love,
Mom

janis said...

You would make a better Eva. I think going to Mom & Dad's is a great ideal! Gabby needs a costume so Sandy can't tell who she is.