Friday, October 10, 2008

Big Butt Judy

My parents frequent the same restaurants and are familiar with many waitresses. The other day, I was killing time before a lunch meeting so I hung out with them while they ate. My mother filled me in on their waitress and some of her many life trials. Then she said, "Your dad calls her Big Butt Judy.'" (Not to her face -- or her butt.)

They have a communication style that I envy. They speak in code and they get each other. I'm a little piece of it because I do get their humor. I also get the logic. If he refers to Big Butt Judy, my mother immediately knows to whom he is referring, instead of maybe her sister or anyone else they know named Judy.

They call me names too but they do it with great humor and a lot of love.

I have met Big Butt Judy and the nickname is appropriate.

No comments: