Thursday, October 23, 2008

Do You Wait?

When I was in college. the standard rule was to wait 15 minutes. If the prof didn't show up, you were free to leave. (This was before mass texting and the invention of cell phones.)

I am compulsively punctual. Unless there is a disaster, I will be on time or early. I will sit in the parking lot. I will sit in the waiting room. And yes, I will get antsy. I will get an attitude -- "So your time is more important than mine?" That's probably not the best attitude so I squelch it and say, "Oh, it's okay." The other day, I waited more than 30 minutes for a scheduled meeting.

It is definitely not fine with me.

Sometimes you have no choice. You are at the mercy of the person in control. This can be a job interview or a plumber. Maybe it's waiting for a return phone call or test results. Waiting is painful. People who do it as a control mechanism turn me off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel exactly the same.I may be 30minutes early but I am never late. Sometimes I have to remind the doctors I work for even if the test results are normal our patients still need to know. One last commet--why do you make me wait from Monday until today for your blog? You know I have no life and your blog is the bright spot..wait I forgot I have a bottle of Crown at home...never mind.