Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Perms -- Photo Overload







Although I grew up in the 60s and 70s, I did not fall for the fad of getting a perm. The bottom photo shows why. I've never needed one. I spent my entire youth, hence the second to last second photo, trying to calm my hair. The invention of blow dryers, styling products and hot rollers was more important to me than penicillin.

I did not include a photo of the husband but he also had a perm in the 70s.

I hope the other people in these photos will forgive me for sharing. I've seen them all within the last year and there were no perms. But for that moment in time, they wanted to be big hair people.

6 comments:

cecily crossman said...

I'm glad you explained the photos. I was nervous wondering what those big pink things were in your hair.

You look like you're really enjoying that spaghetti.

Anonymous said...

That is a person with Ronnie isn't it? Patsy

Sheri Riley said...

Re the Cess ocmment:
Food has never been my favorite thing.
Re the Patsy comment:
Ye,s that is a person with Ronnie. Big hair allows you to hide.

Anonymous said...

The Seats family on parade!!!

I remember those perm days-- 3 hours of gegging your hair rolled and doused with foul smelling chemicals. They really looked stupid when they were growing out.

I really want to get together and go through all your old pictures.

Let's plan on making a night out of it with wine/beer or whatever.

Or-- bring them to the neighborhood picnic on the 11th.

Thanks for the fun

Rich

Anonymous said...

I don't get curly perms anymore but I do spend hard earned money on hair products to try and get my hair to look more like yours. I guess we always want what we don't have. Anyway, I love the pictures and I agree with Rich, let's get together and go over old pics. Any excuse to get together. Kim

janis said...

This is great! After reviewing my perm days, I am glad you couldnt find a pic w/ me and big hair days. My sad attempt to have Kristy Nichol's do is sad enough!
I did find MORE photos. Kim & Rich are right about bringing them to the Pasadena get together. It would be fun to go over them together!