Saturday, June 23, 2007

Awards

It's nice to be honored with an award. I've been there myself a time or two. I'm surrounded by friends and family who are regularly bestowed with kudos, certificates, plaques and trophies. All well deserved. I wonder where they put them all.

I fantasize about winning a Pulitzer. My speech is ready.

Award shows are one of my many addictions. The Academy Awards, The Grammy's, People's Choice and the Emmy's -- just to name a few. I like the clothes, the skits, the speeches and the musical acts. I like to curl up in my bathrobe with phone in hand. I know one of my girlfriends will call and say, "What is she wearing? Who did that to her hair? Doesn't she have a stylist?" We're brutal and that's half the fun.

When my girlfriend's daughter was in preschool, she was given the award of "Best Eater." Her mother explained to her that this was probably not the award she wants to aspire to later in life.

1 comment:

cecily crossman said...

I think there are way too many awards. They make the important ones - like PULITZER - seem unimportant.

Nobody spends half a mil on hair, jewels, dress, etc. for that one.

But maybe YOU will.