Monday, June 11, 2007

The Tool Kit

I'm a girly girl. Digging in the dirt or trying to fix something has never appealed to me. (I'll just call someone.) My parents used to assign yard work -- I'm sure they were punishing me for something --and I would cry, stomp, etc. Then I usually found someone else to do it for me. Some things never change.

My dad still does this today. I've never lived in an apartment, condo, or house that he hasn't repaired or remodeled in some way. I follow him around like a plant supervisor, saying, "Could we do this? What about this?" He tolerates me.

The husband has these skills but he's given them up for other pursuits. (Can anyone say golf?)

I've started collecting my own tools. It's my stash. My dad even bought me a cordless drill.

I still want other people to do the work but they can use my tools.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This blog thing is addicting. I should be working but I'm feeling the need to read and respond to your blog.

I too am somewhat ofa girly girl and I don't do any type of "dirty work" (that I would mention in public of course). Like Sheri, I also have tools. I have a cordless drill and cordless screw driver. They have not been plugged into the charger for a good 10 years so they are useless to my repair people.

I also put camping in this category of "do not like to dig in the dirt" stuff. I can only camp if there is a nice lodge with a fireplace, fridge, and an indoor place to cook a decent meal - and no varmants (sp?).