Tuesday, June 19, 2007

On The Road Again

If you live anywhere between Indiana and Texas, look out. The oldies are on the road.

I would've placed a bet that she couldn't guilt one of the grandchildren into accompanying them. Once again, I underestimated her. Our nephew flew in last night and he'll share in the driving and navigation. You know how you can read someone's face? His had dread all over it. Don't get me wrong, he adores his grandparents but trapped for two weeks with them? Yuck. As we were loading the car this morning, he told me that he felt sick. I said, "Duh!"

I have a little experience being trapped with the oldies. I wish I had a lot of money because this kid deserves a treat. Even our son said, "I can't believe he agreed to do this. Better him than me."

They packed enough stuff to survive for a year. Yet, she almost left without her cell phone. I threatened to whack her if she doesn't keep it with her and charged. She laughed and called me a Big Fat Liar.

No comments: