Friday, June 15, 2007

Shoes

What is the deal with women and shoes? I will be the first to admit that I own too many shoes.

When I was headed off to college, my dad had a rare meltdown as he counted the pairs of shoes I was taking.

Yesterday, I was asked to be a fashion consultant for the mother-in-law. (A regular job that I've come to enjoy.) As I dug through her shoes, I realized that she has almost as many shoes as I do.

Is it a weight thing? Your clothing size may fluctuate but hey, you can always buy shoes.

The workout girls go to Phoenix every year. We go to our favorite discount place. The moment the gate goes up, we head for the shoes.

Big Daddy also thinks I own too many coats.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shoes and lipsticks.

I guess I had a lipstick problem at one time or another.

My former husband opened our linen closet once and went ballistic. I had an antique bowl full of lipsticks collected over time. As he put it "I cannot believe you've bought 150 f_ _ _ _ _ _ lipsticks!".

Most of my lipsticks were "free" --you know -- the gifty items you get with Clinique or Lancome, etc. So, techinically my husband was wrong -- I had not "bought" them.

Probably the accumulation of the 150 quantity was a bit over the top.

Anonymous said...

Shoes and lipsticks.

Ok so I think I had a lipstick problem once. My former husband opened our linen closet to find an antique bowl full of many, many of my lipsticks. His exact angry words were "I cannot believe you've bought 150 f_ _ _ _ _ _ lipsticks!".

Well, I did not "buy" them. They were "gifts with purchase" from Clinique, Lancome, Estee Lauder, etc. at one time or another. I had just collected them over the years.

He was wrong. I guess, though, the 150 was a bit over the top on my part. Do you think he actually counted them?

Anonymous said...

Some things just don't need to be shared.