Wednesday, June 13, 2007

People Who Need People

Barbra Streisand had a hit with this song. When she does her occasional concert, she sings it every time. People Who Need People should be my theme song.

Who does my lawn and landscaping? I have people. Who cleans my house? I have people. If I'm planning a party and need help, I have people. Computer problems? I have people.

The husband has added the oldies to our list of people. (Truthfully, just his mother. His father has taken "vegging out" to a new art form.) If the husband gripes about the state of the refrigerator or some other disarray in our home, she's on it. I feel a tad guilty, but I'm also lazy so while she's scrubbing the refrigerator, I'm thinking "Go Woman! Make it sparkle!"

Some of my people are headed to college in August. I cannot have another party until they return on break.

If the lyrics, People who need people are the luckiest people in the world are true, count me among the lucky people.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You definitely are among the "lucky people." You have such good people.