Monday, June 18, 2007

The Birthday Week

In celebration of Father's Day, we took the oldies out for dinner. Actually, we take them out quite a bit but this time we had cards and a toast to the men. I told the husband to enjoy his Father's Day time because at the stroke of midnight, the attention turns to me. It's my birthday week.

Nothing special happens during birthday week. I just enjoy saying it. "Be nice to me, it's my birthday week." "I don't want to do that and I don't have to, it's my birthday week."

They say you're as old as you feel. If that's true, I'll be turning 150-years old this week. Look for me on the Smucker's jar when Willard Scott celebrates oldies.

2 comments:

janis said...

Excuse me, IT'S MY BIRTHDAY WEEK TOO! I agree with it all except, please don't say you will be 150 yrs old. I am older than you and I refuse to be 151 this week. Lets go back to thirtysomething. Fortysomething is feeling a tad bit old.

Anonymous said...

What do you mean "nothing special happens during your birthday week"? Your workout girls always give you a nice party. And, Cynthia has evidently started inviting others we don't even know!