Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Life Lists - Part One

A lot of people compose lists of goals they hope to accomplish in their lifetime. Climb Mt. Everest? Check. Visit every continent? Check. I understand the fascination with this to some degree. I love lists. I love the opportunity to cross something off my to-do list. It's a meager, yet meaningful, sense of completion.

I'm starting a new list, titled "Things I'll Never Do and Things I'll Never Do Again." (I'll let you figure out which ones I've never done and which ones I'll never do again.) My list begins with:
  • Camping
  • Wear braces
  • Do any illegal substances
  • Mow a lawn
  • Get tattoos or piercings
  • Date a married man
  • Climb a mountain
  • Swim a Channel
  • Give birth
  • Wear a high school gym uniform
  • Ride a motorcycle
  • Go to the circus -- the clowns give me the creeps
  • Work for or with a raving lunatic
  • Own a bird
  • Take oldies into my home without an exit plan

I'm very excited about this project. I can type it out and whenever I feel like it, I can read it and say to myself, "Check it off; not going to do that!" Mission accomplished. Plus, I can add to it whenever I feel like it. I hope you'll make your own list.

1 comment:

janis said...

I think I could accurately figure out which were done & which were never done:) Also, I was thinking about getting you some birds for your birthday. Something cheery to add to the Roman Household don't you think?