Saturday, June 16, 2007

A New York State of Mind

I love my home. I love the seclusion and the wooded peace of our patio.

Every once in a while, I start going a little stir crazy. I need Manhattan. I need the madness, the cultures, the food and the subway. I need to see a show on Broadway. I need Little Italy, Soho, Chinatown and Wall Street. I need to go stand where the Twin Towers used to loom. I need to nod to the Statue of Liberty.

The husband has always had business connections in NYC. We've had many fun trips. I have a friend from college who lives there now. I invite myself. If there's an appropriate business conference, I look at the location first. If it's NY, I'm in.

I love the pace. I love the fact that you can get anything you want at any hour of the day or night. I love Central Park. I love looking for celebrities.

Many years ago, we took my parents to Manhattan as a Christmas gift. A couple of times, my dad almost lost a leg when he didn't get into a cab quickly enough. Even with those situations, they both had a great time.

We celebrated a girlfriend's significant birthday with a trip to NY a few years ago. I'm not sure any of us slept.

Although I was just there in April, I'm getting antsy. Start spreading the news... I'm looking up ticket prices.

No comments: