Friday, June 8, 2007

The Unabomber

Several years ago, there was a nationwide manhunt for the Unabomber. You couldn't turn on the news or open a newspaper without seeing the FBI sketch of this man with his hooded sweatshirt tied tight around his face. Eventually they arrested and convicted Ted Kaczynski. I remain convinced that they got the wrong man. I live with the Unabomber. He may not be threatening and he may not have the capacity to write a manifesto, but I know that picture and I see this man every day.

Yesterday, it was 90 degrees here. The mother-in-law insisted that he wear some shorts. He partnered them with a pair of knee high dress socks and the Unabomber sweatshirt.

I've considered taking a photo on the sly and sending it to the FBI. For now, I've deemed him harmless so I'll take my chances.

No comments: