Sunday, June 17, 2007

Corrections and Clarifications

I enjoy being corrected. No one likes hearing that they've made a mistake but I get over it quickly. I'm used to it. I've had it thumped into me from a very young age. My mother has a great command of the English language -- one of her friends used to call her "Lady Webster" -- and she knows all of the grammar and punctuation rules.

Think of this as page 2 of the newspaper. That's where they fess up to mistakes but they put it in teeny type.

For the record:
In the posting, "A Motherless Boy," I meant to use the word paternal instead of fraternal. I'm pretty sure my grandmother did not belong to a community of brothers.

In the posting, "Endearments," there's a comment about the stupid pillow with the Honey expression. Yes, my parents did buy it for the oldies.

I'm sure there are other areas with errors. I'll check with Lady Webster and try to get it right in the future.

No comments: