Friday, June 15, 2007

Endearments

The oldies call each other "Love" and "Honey." Every sentence begins or ends with an endearment. My parents bought them a pillow that says, "Home is where your Honey is."

The husband and I can occasionally be sweet to each other. In that nanosecond, we tend toward "Darling" or "Baby."

It's a lot more fun when our true personalities are exposed.

Last night, we could not get comfortable. The oldies mess with the thermostat. I have menopause issues and he has thyroid issues. The last thing I remember before falling asleep is his statement, "I'm hot. Get off of me, Maggot." About an hour later, his leg ventured over and I poked him. "Get off of my side of the bed, Fungus!"

Ah, love!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You don't sound like anyone that I want to be related to. For clarification, we did not buy the oldies that pillow.