Wednesday, August 29, 2007

It's a Signal

Idaho Senator, Larry Craig, is in the news for his shenanigans this summer in a men's room in the Minneapolis airport. According to his statement, he plead guilty to avoid further publicity. Wrong choice! Now, like a child, he says, "I take it back."

He's not in my state and frankly, I don't care about his sexual orientation ... although I do feel sorry for his wife. I'm not one of those people who thinks you can't make wise decisions in the business realm and make foolish choices in the personal life. It happens every day. But, if the allegations are true, the hypocrisy bothers me.

It was a sting operation. (What is going on in this restroom in Minneapolis?) He gave "the signal" to an undercover police officer. The signal involves tapping ones foot under a stall and according to the way it's been explained to me, it means, "I'd like to engage in sexual behavior with you." I had no clue. If someone did this in a public restroom to me, I would think she needs toilet paper. Is there some website or blog out there that teaches the signals? How do they know?

A few years ago, I noticed a laced pair of tennis shoes hung over the light at an intersection in an iffy part of town. It's a signal for drugs available in the area. One of my friends in the judicial system explained that to me. How do people know the signal?

I am so blatant. You will always be able to tell if I'm happy or sad. I laugh and I cry with uncontrolled abandon. (This is one of the reasons I will never run for office.) I've told a few (ok, a million) fibs and white lies in my life but I could never look someone in the eye and lie to them. My expressions and my eyes would give it away. Just ask the husband or the oldies. I get away with nothing.

This is probably why I'll never be good at card games, especially poker.

No comments: