Thursday, August 2, 2007

Our State Fair

The husband hates the state fair. He refuses to go.

I'm somewhat of a snob but I love going to the state fair. My mother and I try to go every year. It's like the airport -- great people watching! We have our favorite foods and our favorite displays. We watch karaoke and we ride the train. Sometimes others go with us but it's a special time for us. We take a couple of hours and admire the bounty. Plus, we make fun of people. We don't do the midway or any of the barns.

I tried to convince the oldies to go last year. There's lots to see and do. "No, thank you."

The reputation of Hoosier Hospitality is well-deserved. A couple of years ago, my mother fell at the fair. I was not calm. Multiple people came to our aid. (She was a little scratched and bloody, but otherwise fine.) We can laugh about it now. Actually, we laughed about it on the way home.

Our state fair starts next week. I need to make a date with my mother.

2 comments:

cecily crossman said...

I haven't been to a state fair since the Indiana state fair when I was a kid. Good memories.

Anonymous said...

I went to the fair one year with you and your mother. I rode a ride with you that left me feeling very yucky. You are lucky that I did not barf all over you. But I remember a good time. Patsy