Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Stashing

We live a life of abundance. Our home is warm in the winter and cool in the summer. There's a roof over our heads and food in the pantry and refrigerator. There are cars in our garage and we come and go as we please. I think about the soldiers serving our country or the many situations in the world that are heart-wrenching.

Yet, I've become a stasher.

My mother shared her homemade chocolate chip cookies the other day. It was a big container and they were fabulous. The oldies ate them three times a day. The husband and I enjoyed them once a day. Then, I got a little nervous as the supply was dwindling.

The husband came home the other night and was frustrated that there were no more cookies. I got to be the hero and say, "Yes, there are. I have a stash!"

No comments: