Thursday, August 16, 2007

How Much Do I Love You?

My love of words causes me to seek out different definitions and expressions. I try to avoid the cliches but sometimes the cliches fit very well.

When the daughter was young and the baby was little, we would play a little game. "Do you know how much I love you?" Then we would answer with one of the cliches: "As big as the sky," or "To the ends of the earth."

Occasionally Big Daddy and I have a moment to ourselves. He (jokingly) says, "Now would be a good time to tell me how much you love me." Sometimes I say, "Endlessly." Other times I say, "You're ok for now."

When I try to turn the tables and ask the same question, the answer never varies.

"Too much."

I don't believe him but it still makes me laugh.

This would not be funny to the oldies.

No comments: