Thursday, August 30, 2007

Phrases with Impact

"I love you" is obvious. But other phrases pack a powerful punch.

I was driving home today. Jan called just to chat. During our conversation, she said, "I miss you." Wow!

Another conversation was with my mother and she's annoyed with me about something that happened weeks ago. She said, "I'm not over it." I replied, "Get over it!" But secretly, I mulled it over and decided I could've handled the situation better.

When the baby was truly a baby (about 4 or 5,) he did something harmless but wrong. Big Daddy said to him, "I'm disappointed in that choice." The baby hid under the desk for a while until finally, I crawled under there with him.

Maya Angelou said that the greatest gift you can give a child is to have your eyes light up whenever they enter a room. She's partially right.

I think the greatest gift you can give a child is the phrase, "I'm proud of you."

No comments: