Thursday, August 9, 2007

Timmy's in the Well

Most of you are too young to remember the TV series, "Lassie." It was convaluted, yet entertaining for the time. Lassie always saved the day. The best part was Lassie running up to a person and doing the "Woof Woof!" Then, the person would say, "What?! Oh my Gosh! Timmy's in the well?"

Of course, they always saved Timmy. (Was Roddy McDowell the original Timmy?)

This is an ongoing joke with our friends. We all have dogs. They can be vocal. If we're sitting around someone's patio or lake cottage and the dogs go nuts, the husband or his friend will say, "What? Timmy's in the well?" We've heard it a million times and we still laugh.

We sat on the patio with the oldies last night. The puppy was prowling the back yard and occasionally conversing with other neighborhood dogs. Big Daddy said, "Oh no, Timmy's in the well!" and I belly laughed. Even after he explained the reference, the oldies looked at us like we've gone psycho. Then, they went inside.

A belly laugh is good for you. It releases endorphins and it is just plain fun. I don't think I've ever heard either of the oldies crack up laughing. Thanks to surrounding myself with funny people, I usually manage a good belly laugh almost every day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As a matter of fact, I am old enough to have seen the Lassie movie with Roddy McDowell. About 100 years ago. But I do not remember who he played. I laughed so hard last weekend that I wet my pandts. Something is wrong with the computer and I cannot delet the d and the i. i