Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Stag

The oldies do everything together. I am amazed/impressed/repulsed/awed. I have no judgment; it works for them.

The husband has a pretty stressful job. I can often add to his tension. Throw in kids and oldies -- well, this man deserves a break. His release is golf. Then, it's cards with his friends.

There is a section of our club that used to be called the "Men's Grill." There was a sign out front that said, "Men Only." A few years ago, they dedicated the grill to a great man's memory and changed the name to "Jordan's Grill." They made it available to the secondary sex.

The card room is part of/right off the grill. There's an unwritten rule that when the guys are in there playing cards, it's off limits to women. Do you know the concept of an invisible fence for a dog? It's kind of like that. You'll get a little (beep!) warning before you venture beyond your boundaries. If you move forward, you will get zapped.

I go in anyway, although not very often. Everyone acts happy to see me but I suspect that they wish I was wearing one of those zapping collars.

No comments: