Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Eight Pounds of Butter

Another excursion for the oldies. Off to the Walmart! I made a sarcastic comment about the venture and quickly got the "Nip it!" sign from the husband.

I wrenched my shoulder and my elbow hauling and unloading the trunk.

We have this garage cooler. It's not a regular refrigerator; it's an actual cooler like you would find in a convenience store. (We know people.) This frig is meant for drinks and I reloaded the stash. The oldies put half sandwiches and other leftovers in there. It makes Big Daddy crazy.

He paces in the morning. In my mind, he's checking the weather. Can I play golf today? He prowls around the garage. Then, he looks in the garage cooler. After the Walmart trip, he noticed a new addition.

"Why do we have eight pounds of butter?"

He was not exaggerating.

No comments: