Sunday, October 7, 2007

Pizza: The Perfect Food

This is how old I am. Many years ago, they combined gym with some health and nutrition classes -- they may have even thrown in sex ed. This is way before the food pyramids or HIV/AIDS. These were the Leave It To Beaver years.

You were supposed to get some of each of the four food groups: bread, veggies, dairy and protein. Our teacher made it clear to us that pizza met the criteria and was therefore, the perfect food. Lesson learned! I got through college waiting for Sunday night when we ordered pizza.

If we haven't planned dinner and the oldies are hungry, I'll order a pizza. If I'm alone, I often order a pizza.

And, they bring it to your door! Is this a great country or what?

But, I am a health nut so I only eat one slice.

No comments: