Saturday, October 20, 2007

This Little Piggy Went to Market

If you've raised or been around children, chances are that you have said this Mother Goose nursery rhyme:

This little piggy went to market,
This little piggy stayed home,
This little piggy had roast beef,
This little piggy had none.
And this little piggy went ...
"Wee wee wee" all the way home.

I used to chant this to the baby. I spent countless hours babysitting in my youth and I used it a lot. Sometimes Big Daddy will convince me to help with a pedicure. I can't help myself. I start chanting, "This little piggy ..." Usually, he grabs a whacker.

Our little piggies are off to the market. This little piggy stayed home. I made an off-the-cuff remark that there is enough food in our pantry to feed us for two years. She did not agree. (Nor did she appreciate the comment.)

So, I'll wait for the garage door to open and I'll unload the haul. And I'll be thinking, "Wee wee wee" as I bring it all home.

1 comment:

cecily crossman said...

I could have used your groceries last night.