Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The Mood Lifter

It is guaranteed that life will throw curves. Some days can be absolutely crummy. Little bumps can be cured by a belly laugh, a good meal, or a bubble bath. Some people lift their spirits by shopping. Some men I know (no need to mention names) can distract themselves by playing golf or playing cards.

When the bumps get bumpier, I like to have other options. Something to look forward to -- something to make me smile. When we were young, Jan used to make fun of me because I would buy a new item of clothing and let it hang it the closet. I liked knowing I had something to look forward to. I liked seeing the tags that told me it was a virgin item. Her daughter is trapped in the same disease.

That's probably why I enjoy the build-up to Christmas (or almost any holiday) more than the actual holiday. I thrive on the anticipation.

I LOVE to travel. I like to peruse my calendar to contemplate upcoming trips. The anticipation is fabulous and usually (except for that one disastrous Florida girlfriend trip) the trips are wonderful.

Things are a little crazy around here. Lots of decisions being made and I'm trying to stay out of the way. The girlfriends are planning our annual trip to Phoenix. Cross check and call forward. I'm booked.

No comments: