Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Here She Comes Again

We went to a party the other night. I had a question for my dermatologist. So I worked the room until I could get her alone and say, "Am I candidate for XXX?" She pulled me into a corner and gave me her opinion.

Earlier that week, I had a legal question about the oldies. I ran into an attorney and later a judge that I know. I asked them both.

Sometimes I meet the husband at the club for dinner. He is often playing cards with my Internist. He treats the oldies too so I can ask my questions.

There have been homes I'm curious about. I have friends who are Realtors. They look up the stats and even take me through them, knowing full well that I have no intention of buying.

I try to return the favor. If someone asks my opinion about their writing or a marketing project (especially if they have my medical or legal records,) I am there.

Still, I wonder. When I walk in a room, do these people think, "Oh no, here she comes again."

No comments: