Monday, October 29, 2007

Remembering 17

My Annie is 17 today.

Technically, she's not really mine but I'm not hung up on the technicalities.
Sunrise, sunset. Wasn't it yesterday when she was born? Wasn't it a year ago when I stood at the altar and took a vow to be her Godmother?

With both of my goddaughters, I was on the short list to hold them right after birth. I completely respect the right of the parents to hold them first. Then, I start knocking people out of my way.

Long, tall, and gorgeous doesn't begin to describe her. She looks like her mother but some of her father's genes are also apparent.

At 17, her mom and I had a lot of fun and participated in some mischief. I suspect she does the same.

You will notice her beauty before you talk to her. And then you will engage in conversation and see that she is smart and creative.

She's interested in writing and journalism. Guess how that makes me feel.

She doesn't recognize her powers yet and that is a good thing.

1 comment:

janis said...

ohhh! I couldn't agree more! She is as much yours as mine & she knows it too. You are so wonderful to her & such a strong role model. I am sure your genes got in her somehow. She amazes me to no end, how can she be 17 already???