Sunday, December 30, 2007

Comfortable Things

The oldies are back. If you could photograph relief, I should have taken a picture of both of their faces. If you could capture panic in a photo, I should've taken a self-portrait. How could I forget so much in nine days?

They were pampered and spoiled on their trip. The sister-in-law cooked elaborate meals and tried to tend to every need. She's a great cook. I think of the kitchen as that room I walk through to get to my office. Upon returning here, they announced they were hungry so I made soup (from a can) and grilled cheese. When they wanted a cup of coffee, I nuked some that was leftover from breakfast. (It was EXCELLENT! Best meal they've had in days.)

They couldn't wait to crawl into their bed but after a few hours, I was on call again. They are exhausted and there is difficulty with getting around. Plus, I had to personally inspect every bump, bruise, etc. She uses her cell phone to call our home phone. (I have asked her to do this so she doesn't fall but it makes Big Daddy insane.)

Like a blankie, I am one of their comfortable things.

No comments: