Sunday, December 30, 2007

Lucky Number

Do you have a favorite or lucky number? Mine is three.

Except for today. Today, I am watching the clock and if all goes according to my carefully orchestrated travel schedule, the oldies will be back in three hours.

In order to preserve my sanity and restore my favorite number to its rightful place, I've made three new rules:

1. I am unavailable between the hours of 9am and 5pm. My work and my writing has to come first.
2. IF the car is repaired and IF the husband agrees to let her drive on occasion, I reserve the right to make the judgement call of instability and take the keys away.
3. Assisted-living decisions will be made and executed within three months.

I'm feeling better but the oldies won't know what hit them.

That little declaration of independence felt so good, I made three more:

1. If there's somewhere they need to go, they can call a cab or investigate senior transportation options.
2. Frying will be kept to a minimum.
3. Any new food added to the pantry is only allowed after they've eaten all the junk that's already in there. If not, I will follow the husband's lead and just throw stuff away.

Welcome back oldies. It's a whole new day.

1 comment:

janis said...

I am going to nag you with reminders of these 2008 rules! You will stick with them!!!! Happy New Year! 2008 is going to be a good one. Just wait and see....