Wednesday, December 26, 2007

'Tis The Season

Maybe I should say, "Twas the season." Today is the day after Christmas. I still feel like a (rein)deer caught in the headlights. I survived and now I get to reflect. It's the:

Season of miracles -- the baby and I made it to church last Sunday. My bonus gift was a surprise visit from my sister and sitting next to her during worship.

Season of grieving -- Our next door neighbor/friend/attorney lost his mother this week. (Why do we say lost?) She's not lost like the oldies get lost. We drove out of town and I saw her body in the casket. They are grieving and I am sad that this is something they've had to endure this holiday.

Season of short tempers -- sales people, cranky shoppers and Heaven forbid, in my own home!

Season of big money -- No matter how you try to scale back, you are guaranteed to spend more than you intended.

Season of tiredness -- There are not enough hours in the day. Any ache and pain is guaranteed to be multiplied.

Season of blessings -- The husband has spent father/daughter time and he is on Cloud Nine. Our Christmas Eve and Christmas day was blessed with both children and my parents here.

Season of forgetfulness -- I went to the grocery story three times in two days to prepare for entertaining.

Season of friends and visitors -- I can't wait to see our out-of-town guests.

Season of Rejoice -- For all my gripes, I still sing, pray and rejoice.

Season of Parties -- Our entertaining is mostly done. We will still enjoy the hospitality of others.

Season of Big, Fat Liars -- More than one person, including the husband, reneged on our agreement not to exchange gifts.

The oldies will be back in a few days. That's my official sign that the season is over.

No comments: