Saturday, December 22, 2007

Grandma Got Run Over by a Narcotic

There are certain Christmas songs I love and others I loathe.

I don't like:
The Twelve Days of Christmas -- Don't like the birds.
The Little Drummer Boy -- All that "Rump a Pump Pump" gives me a headache.
All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth
That Alvin song with the rodents
Any song where the artist tries to hip hop or jazz up a traditional hymn.

I especially dislike "Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer." But I've found a way to make it tolerable. I've written new lyrics that I sing in my mind.

Grandma got run over by a narcotic, while she was being kicked out the door.
Grandpa took one or more too. We could hardly get him up off the floor.

Feel free to sing along.

You can say there's no such thing as Santa,
They're in Texas and as for me and my house, we believe.

1 comment:

janis said...

You continue you crack me up! I so needed that this afternoon. I will never hear this song again without my singing along the new lyrics! i love you girl!