Friday, December 14, 2007

On the Fast Track

I am not old. In many ways, I still feel and act like a teenager.

But, I am on the fast track to Oldieville.

I can't see without reading glasses and often when I go searching for them, I realize I am wearing three pairs atop my head. I have big hair so there's usually a pencil or pen stuck in there too.

Since my little run-in with the car (Or, as the husband likes to point out, "You weren't hit by a car, you were hit by a shopping cart.") I am constantly icing and rubbing my knee.

Due to picking up the mother-in-law repeatedly, I am still walking a little crooked. And Pamming every time I have to sit.

Tonight is the husband's office holiday party. I'll do my best to get dolled up but I'm choosing comfort over glamour.

There's a snow/sleet/ice storm approaching. The baby once told me that only oldies have an obsession with the weather. Pretty soon, I'll be calling him "That young whippersnapper."

Forget aging gracefully. I'm on the express lane.

3 comments:

janis said...

Careful... I keep reminding you that I am older, so stop acting like an oldie! I refuse to go there...yet. You may never use the term "young whippersnapper" That is just queer! We can find a better word.
And as for your lost glasses... Your hair has always been big & you have been losing stuff in there since we were little girls, didn't one of my hampsters get lost in there once?
One more thing. Only you can pull off comfort clothing in a glamourous way. I do not doubt that you will, once again, be the most beautiful woman there. You have always and will always turn heads!

janis said...

opps.. hamster not hampster, i hate note having spell check then sending without proofing!!

janis said...

ugh! I just cant win!!! not instead of note!!!!