Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Photos of the Dead Dog

I'm sure Gabby, our maniac dog, is having an inferiority complex. Decorations are everywhere around here. I haven't even dealt with the tree but I must say it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. (I just made that up!)

We've done many years of holiday family photos -- some for Christmas cards and some for the pure fun of the memories. I have them in red and sparkly frames. They come out once a year.

The other day, I spent quite a bit of time decorating and that included putting these cherished photos on display. The husband walked in, complimented the decorations and then said, "Lots of photos with our dead dog!"

Before you think I've gone over the edge, let me say that I know she doesn't know or care. But ... I went downstairs, found her little elf hat and put it atop the box that contains her ashes.

Ok, maybe I have gone a little over the edge.

1 comment:

janis said...

you have not gone over the edge. Holly will always be in your heart because she was such a wonderful four legged member of your family. Sometimes I think that Gabby is so different from Holly (although I know you love her just as dearly) but she is different to remind us just that. She never intends to replace Holly. Just be Gabby! Crazy, always makes you laugh, goffy Gabby Girl!
ps I love that little saying you made up, bet it will catch on :)