Friday, December 21, 2007

You Can't Get Away From Me

The oldies are in Texas and she has called me three times in 36 hours. Each conversation begins with a giggle and, "You can't get away from me."

Thankfully, she sounds strong and lucid so she must be recovered from traveling.

This morning's call was about some bills and paperwork that need addressed. I can handle it. I asked her about the gash on her arm. She forgot to have her son look at it. Gangrene has probably set in. I made her promise to have it examined.

Also, she can't find the charger for the new cell phone. I told her exactly where I put it. It's in the big carry-on bag that I stuck stickers all over with the words "CARRY ON." She will look again but she's not convinced it's there. Later, I will call my sister-in-law and tell her where to look.

The mother-in-law is right. Out of sight, out of mind is not a remote possibility.

No comments: