Friday, December 28, 2007

Worrying and Stress

I'm all for safety. I wear my seat belt. I will never be on a motorcycle again but if I did, I would wear a helmet. The baby had a helmet for bicycling or in-line skating. I rode a bicycle, climbed trees and stood on people's shoulders -- never a helmet involved.

Now the entire country is up in arms about lead paint, especially in toys from China. Didn't we all sleep in cribs and grow up in homes with lead paint?

I have a friend who will not allow her dog to have rawhide bones. I know this because I made the mistake of giving one to the dog and she took it away. My dog would eat the sofa if I left her unsupervised so I'm not stressing about a little rawhide.

The husband grills a mean tenderloin. But, he cannot stand overcooked meat. So, if the pork is a tad pink in the middle and someone makes a comment, he asks for a moment of silence for all the friends we've lost to trichinosis. (None!)

I worry about all the normal things: oldies, my parents, kids, bills, health, business, the husband's stress level, etc.

Then, I worry about weird things: Did I leave the dog outside and might the oldies or the husband run over her? (She's not super smart and we all seem to be accident prone.) What is going on with my hair? Why can't I get my clocks in sync? (You know I have that obsession with numbers.) Did my sassy mouth get me in trouble? Do I owe someone/anyone an apology?

The oldies are headed back in two days. I'll give you one guess of what's on my stress radar today. So, I plan to go to Sheri's World and think about that tomorrow.

No comments: