Friday, December 14, 2007

The Little Moments

Do you stop and appreciate the little moments? I'm not very good at it but I'm trying to get better.

When the baby says, "I brought the C to an A-, and I'm headed home."

When the daughter says, "I'm not really mad at you." It's code for "I love you and I miss you."

When someone asks you what you want for Christmas and you realize you want for nothing.

When you sit on the floor with the dog, exchanging kisses, and realize that other than the comfort of the husband's kisses, there is something magical about dog kisses.

When you open your mailbox to find wonderful cards from people sending holiday wishes.

When you walk through your home and look at the tree. (Merry Impersonal Christmas.)

When you look around, acknowledge the turmoil, aches and pains, and still find gratitude.

Don't worry. This is a momentary spell. I'll be cranky again later.

1 comment:

janis said...

I will love you forever, & you know, nobody loves animals more than me.... but these dog kisses you are obsessed with freak me out. Gabby licks her butt! Stop it!
ps Merry Impersonal Christmas...my tree bares none of the treasured favorites or homemades this year. I couldnt get the girls, Sergio & I together long enough to go get a tree let alone decorate it. I dragged the ugly, (although everyone says its lovely)white artificial one up and only put white, silver and clear ones on w/ white lights. Not really my ideal of homey Old Fashion Christmas, but it's my Impersonal Tree. I miss the old days when we had time with the kids to bake, string popcorn & read the Christmas stories & watch the Claymation & cartoon Christmas specials. Now I am lucky if we are all together at the same time at Christmas!!!