Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Pamming

Years ago I worked in the corporate world and I had a very eclectic staff over the years. At one point, I was managing creative people (always interesting,) a print shop and bindery (very blue-collar mentality -- not that there's anything wrong with that) and several executives on the career path. I learned to change gears very quickly.

One woman who worked for me was slow and methodical. She clearly did not like her job but she did it. Every assignment or request involved taking a huge breath and letting it out as a humongous and audible sigh. My friend Abby (who does a great impression) coined this "Pamming."

I'm Pamming a lot today.

2 comments:

cecily crossman said...

Why are you Pamming today?

Anonymous said...

Shari, I do not see how you can continue this way. All I can do is pray for all of you, but, you have moved to the top of my prayer list. There has to be a different answer to this arrangement. Hope you trip to the doctor is safe and you are okay. Love, Patsy