Wednesday, December 12, 2007

On the Prayer Chain

I once inherited an administrative assistant who did not like me at all. She was used to a different kind of manager -- gushy ... honey, sweetie, etc. This is not me in a business situation.

I pray a lot. Sometimes, it's on the floor. I've either chosen to be on my knees or I've fallen over an oldie. I like being on someone's prayer list. When the baby was little, his prayer list got so long I had to change it to groupings, i.e. my grandparents, my aunts and uncles, my pets, my friends. My Uncle Ken used to pray for everyone and everything. I thought that was pretty cool. I especially liked it that he included my dog.

One day in my corporate life, I came out to check the fax machine. Everyone was at lunch. My assistant's church group sent her a prayer and tips on how to deal with working with me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What happened next? Patsy

cecily crossman said...

Did your friends form a prayer group on how not to work with her?

Sheri Riley said...

I rarely respond to comments but I did leave this item hanging ...

Nothing happened next. I knew I could fire her on the spot for inappropriate use of the office equipment. I left the prayer on the fax machine and moved on.