Thursday, December 20, 2007

Humor

Humor is selective, don't you think? Lots of people (including some of my friends) do not understand when and/or why I find something hysterically funny.

"Mean" has been called more than once. I let it pass.

When there's some interesting story on the news about a man that survived a bowling ball crashing through his windshield, I will laugh. Once the oldies were safe and I thought about our neighbor saying, "Someone's grandpa is on the loose," I laughed a lot.

I don't like racist or ethnic jokes but crude jokes will make me laugh.

My mother and the husband can make me laugh more than anyone. I have actually fallen out of bed with both of them (not at the same time -- we're not that weird) from laughing too hard.

I often joke that the husband would bring a date to my funeral. No one likes this joke but me. I think he would be classy enough to leave her in the car.

If this situation should ever come to pass, I hope she can outrun my girlfriends and I hope she has a great sense of humor.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

I also don't like that joke that your husband would bring a date to your funeral.

Anonymous said...

Laughter is a very important ingredient in marriage. After 48 years NIck still makes me laugh. He make me want to kill him, too, and then he does something funny. Patsy