Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Three People -- One Special Day

I'm very possessive so I like to use "my" a lot. My husband, my children, my parents, my oldies, my work, my friends, my dog. I try not to do that in this blog but here is an exception. Three of my favorite people share a birthday. And they are MY people.

I used to be good with cards but now people are lucky to get a phone call. Time gets away from me but I did wake up yesterday knowing it was a special day. (This was after I chased down oldies and dealt with the car in the mailbox.)

So, I wish greetings to these three people:

My Aunt Cess: I look like you and we share the little people syndrome. I have your passion for writing. I need the guidance you provide. I think we have the same wacky sense of humor. Plus, you provided me with some really great cousins.

My Emily: I held you when you were born. I will always be here for you as long as I live. I will hold you in my heart forever.

My Cary: You are a princess and I say, "Work it girl!" Let me know if I can help. I've had a few princess moments myself.

So, it's a day late but I salute these three amazing women. To borrow a phrase from my mother, I'm extremely grateful they were born.

No comments: