Friday, January 4, 2008

Alarms

We have a household alarm system. I use it when I am home alone. Otherwise, one of the oldies will set it off and I am the one who has to crawl out of bed and deal with it.

My overly complicated and convoluted car has an alarm system. If I leave the dog in the car with the doors unlocked, I'm afraid someone will steal her. If I lock the car, she always sets off the alarm. I just announce to the crowd in the drug store or the grocery store, "It's mine -- I'll handle it."

Our wake-up alarm is on my bedside table. I set it. I turn it off. I reset it for the husband on my workout days.

I guess alarms are a good thing. They make you feel a little safer. Some alarms are going off in my head right now.

2 comments:

cecily crossman said...

If you leave your dog in your car in my driveway, don't worry. I won't steal her.

Anonymous said...

Who pays attention to alarms anymore? I hear car alarms and home alarms going off and everyone walks by them without a glance.