Thursday, January 31, 2008

Not Paying Extra for That

It must be a generational thing. Hangdog is obsessed with the price of everything. I am the opposite; I just want what I want.

Please keep in mind that he cannot see and has not written a check in a couple of decades. The mother-in-law kept him dutifully informed of their finances and then did whatever she chose to do.

As we were driving from the airport to the hotel in Mississippi, the husband was informed that his brother arranged for a handicapped room for Hangdog. Good idea, right? Hangdog said, "I'm not paying extra for that."

On one of our plane trips, the flight attendant asked him if he would like something to drink. "No!" was the immediate response. The husband had a drink put in front of him. (Thankfully, I was in another section of the plane.) Hangdog said, "Did they give you that for free?" Husband said, "Yes." Hangdog said, "They give you booze for free?"

The husband answered, "Dad, it's apple juice."

No comments: