Friday, January 11, 2008

The Sexy Sinus Medication

You would never guess it but I'm pretty private about bodily things. I am not one of those people that thinks it's ok to go to the bathroom in front of the husband. (Thankfully, he isn't either.) We share a bathroom so we often wash our faces or brush our teeth at the same time but everything else is done in solitude.

Until ...

The husband returned from his business trip. His brother and wife were here. We had moved the mother-in-law. As we were preparing to go to bed, I got out my new magic sinus potion. It's hot water mixed with some powdered stuff that you shake up and then shove up one nostril until it makes its way through your sinus cavities and comes pouring out the other nostril. The entire process involves hanging your head over the sink for a while. But, it does work.

I was in the middle of this charming ritual the other night when the husband walked into our bathroom. He already thinks I'm the weirdest duck walking the planet but I think this one may have put him over the edge.

No comments: