Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Break Time

I'm a worker. I love it. I was selling painted rocks as a child, moved into babysitting and by the time I was 15-years old, I was working as many hours as they would give me -- first in the jewelry stand and then in the drug store. (When I accomplished the pharmacy tech training and got to wear the white coat, I thought I was very cool.)

Eventually, I moved to the corporate world. I accomplished some things and I messed up some things. No time clock was involved. If I decided to take a walk at 2:00 PM, no one noticed or cared.

Everything comes full circle. Now I work from home and you would think my time is my own. Hah! I've reverted to the 15-year old person who works in retail and wants to know, "When is my break?"

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Hang on! It's coming up next week when you fly out of here with your girlfriends to Phoenix.
Love,
Mom

cecily crossman said...

Your break is coming next week. Your girlfriends - and your MOM have spoken!

janis said...

Remember when you worked in the jewelry stand, Deb @ The Shirt Shack, & I at Kenney Shoes? We'd take our breaks in each others place of employment. The best was when you pierced our ears! Ha Ha! We had fun at Eastgate Mall!