Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Timing

I'm doing laundry and trying to coordinate packing for Hangdog who is headed to the Home. It's not politically correct but let's be real, that's what it is.

The mother-in-law is still in a different facility. Eventually, they might (might!) be together but it's not looking like any time soon.

She's in the Cadillac. He's headed for the Ford Taurus. There's nothing wrong with it, it's just not as deluxe. Unfortunately, she doesn't appreciate it. We'll be making some decisions soon and I'm terrified she's just plain given up.

What should we do with the stuff? I don't want to make any rash decisions. But, I have a car in my driveway, a basement full of wheelchairs, walkers, vision machines, shower chairs and more. At what point do you turn this stuff in so it can be useful to someone else? There's a storage facility in Texas with some of their things. At what point do we say, "Donate it or sell it."

When I went off to college, my parents kept my childhood room. Then the guest room became my mom's office and my bedroom became the guest room. This made sense to me but I imagine it was much harder for them than for me. My aura must still permeate those walls because whenever I walk in there, it's still my room.

I'm itching to go in the oldie's room and fumigate, plus get rid of the gizmos and clutter. It's too soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God wiling the oldies won't return to your home so I think you would probably be safe in cleaning up their bedroom and fumigate. However, to be safe it might be a good idea to wait on getting rid of the stuff in the basement until you know they are not going to need it. Obviously the car should have gone a long, long time ago, which would have saved you and Big Daddy on lawn and mailbox repairs. I know you're anxious to get things cleaned up and taken care of, but hopefully they'll be able to be in the same facility one day soon and will be able to use their stuff.

Hang in there, kiddo....It won't be long now. Just think, this time next week we'll be relaxing in sunny Phoenix.....YEAH!!!

I love you!
Pammie